Small Groups Pastor
Chestnut Ridge Church
As a forward-thinking and growing church of over 2,000, Chestnut Ridge Church is seeking a full-time Small Groups Pastor. You will join a dynamic staff team in a grace-filled environment, connecting people into groups as a primary means of their spiritual growth. We believe life is better connected!
The Small Groups Pastor will have strong relational, leadership, team building, systems development, discernment and organizational skills, and is responsible for providing leadership, vision, direction, support, and development for the Small Groups, Starting Point, Mosaic Singles staff and their volunteer leaders. You will play a key role in helping to lead people into a growing relationship with God and others.
Chestnut Ridge Church is located in the educational, commercial, medical and cultural hub of north-central West Virginia. Located just over an hour south of Pittsburgh and four hours west of the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. area, Morgantown, West Virginia, offers its residents access to rivers, mountains, lakes, hiking trails, bike paths, golf courses, and to some of the best schools, hospitals, and job opportunities in the nation.
Home of the Division I, Big 12 West Virginia University Mountaineers, Morgantown’s way of life is more than that of a idyllic college town; it’s a place with a strong economy, a flourishing culture and a quality way of life. The likes of Forbes Magazine, the Milken Institute, Parenting Magazine, Expansion Management Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal, have recognized Morgantown as one of the best small cities in which to live, work and raise a family!
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience leading groups, as well as building and sustaining systems that facilitate 50+ groups
- Self-motivated, not needing micro-management, yet loves to live life with a team
- A minimum of an earned Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration preparing for vocational ministry
- Outgoing, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for building relationships, investing in people and building purposeful community
- Full-time experience working in a church of over 2,000+ is preferred
- Alignment with the vision, values and beliefs of Chestnut Ridge Church
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and oversee CRC strategy within the context of small groups
- Provide coaching, training and support for small group leaders
- Identify, recruit, place and develop leaders who, in turn, lead and develop group leaders
- Assimilate adults into authentic, biblical community which facilitates life change
- Assess the health of each small group, and help leaders create and multiply healthy groups
- Oversee the implementation, training and development of the community groups’ assimilation team/program
- Collaborate with Life Care Director and Family Life Pastor to encourage spiritual growth in all adults
- Cast vision for and develop systems to connect groups to on-going serving opportunities
- Partner with local ministries to identify ways CRC can have a consistent presence serving in the community
- Work with Executive Pastor and adult small groups’ team to develop the yearly ministry plan and budget for the adult group’s ministries
- Participate in other staff and leadership development meetings/forums as needed (weekly staff meeting, doctrinal training time, town halls, etc.)
- Speak in other environments, including weekend services and other larger group settings
- Actively engage in the life of CRC by gathering, connecting, serving, giving and inviting
- Perform other duties as assigned (to include weddings, funerals, baptisms and other pastoral functions)
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt/ Salaried
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran