At The Ridge, our vision is to be an inviting church that leads people in a growing relationship with God and others. The Ridge worship team has an exciting opportunity to create a welcoming environment that people love to attend—the weekend gatherings.
- Prayerfully consider your involvement.
- Please read the following information in its entirety—there’s a lot that you need to know.
- Fill out the application below and click submit.
- Someone on the worship leadership team will contact you about your application and next steps.
Questions are welcome!
Team Commitment and Expectations
There is a certain level of preparation, planning, and practice that goes into making each and every worship experience simple. Because of this, there is also a certain level of commitment that is required from the worship team that exceeds other ministries. This commitment can take on many forms. Here are a few practical areas where level of commitment is most evident.
The first step is to submit the application below. Once that is done, the Programming Director will contact you and talk through the next steps.
Before you begin serving on the weekend, we ask that you come and hang out with the worship team during a couple of Sunday mornings. There are a few reasons for this.
- Being able to shadow will allow you to see first-hand how the services flow.
- When you know what to expect on Sundays, it will allow you to be better prepared when it is your turn.
- It may help you to be more relaxed. Having multiple chances to meet those you will be serving alongside should calm your nerves.
An additional step will be to have the staff set up an account for you on www.planningcenteronline.com. This is an online service planning website where band members, songs and service flow are scheduled and posted. It allows worship team members to access chord charts and lyric sheets as well as mp3’s of songs we will be using in worship.
After your account is set up and you have access to the resources you need, you’re ready to go. The Programming Director is in charge of scheduling vocalists and instrumentalists.
Take a moment to review the schedule below. This is the normal weekly schedule and commitment expectations for those leading in worship on Sunday.
Thursday Night (2 hrs)
- Arrival and setup (6:00pm-6:30pm)
- Rehearsal (6:30pm–8pm)
Sunday (5 hrs)
- Final run-through and prayer (7:15am)
- Worship Service (9:00am)
- Worship Service (11am)