HOPE…that is what kept me going when things looked bleak.
In January 2015, I noticed my neck started to swell. I went to MedExpress and was referred to an ENT.
In February, the ENT conducted a biopsy that came back diagnosing me with Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma. A PET scan revealed stage 3 cancer.
March was the month I started chemotherapy. Pastor Tim prayed with me, friends, and family, and anointed me with oil.
In June, I finished my last chemo treatment.
Three months later, a PET scan revealed 95% of my cancer was gone. I received radiation in my neck area to target the remaining 5%.
In December, a PET scan showed no cancer!
I have to go back every three months for continued PET scans. Last week, I had another clear scan. This experience has helped me to refocus on God and rely heavily on Him.
Please continue to pray that it never comes back! I thank everyone who has prayed for me and especially my family, Tim Haring, and Jeff Amedro, for their support and prayers. I also thank Dr. Craig and Jesus!
My favorite verse to remember is…”Trust in the Lord God with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.” Proverbs 3:5-8.
I believe there are some things in life we will never understand until we meet Him face to face. The only thing you can do in a situation like mine is to trust Him and lean not on your own understanding!Justin
You may remember me from my Christmas sweater. I can look unapproachable, but I have a big heart and love Jesus. God has blessed me with a beautiful wife and two awesome kids. We have been attending church at The Ridge for about five years. We drive 108 miles or about...