Middle School [6-8th grade]
The middle school years are filled with growth, change, and excitement for students. That’s exactly what the middle school group is about! Through large group teaching, small group application, service projects, and fun events, students can connect with each other and God in significant ways. Students are challenged to think about what they believe, as they take their next steps toward a faith of their own.
Middle School students meet Sundays during the 11am services in The Loft on the second floor.
What happens Sunday
What to expect: In Middle School Service, 6–8th graders join together in a fun and casual atmosphere. Yup, students can just wear what they’d wear to school! The fun begins with a variety of games, music, and other interactive elements, as well as a live speaker (or sometimes video) who shares how God’s truth connects to our everyday lives. The day ends with breakout time where students connect with one another and trusted adults in smaller groups where they talk about how to apply what they’ve just heard to their own lives.
Before and after services, students hang out in The Loft to hang with their friends. The room opens 15 minutes prior to each of the morning services and closes 15 minutes after the end of these services.
Where to go: The Loft is located upstairs at the end of the hallway opposite Ridge Kids Elementary. If you enter the double doors just past the coffee bar, there will be a set of stairs on your left. At the top of the stairs, head straight down the hallway toward the air hockey table. The Loft is at the end of the hallway.
Zoom Small Groups
- We are doing a video series titled “The Book of Colossians” by Louie Giglio on RIghtNow Media.
- Our desire is to provide some really great content, an opportunity for you to model what a relationship with God looks to your students, and for you all to grow closer to Jesus and each other.
- Each week I will send out an email containing a link to the video for that week and the corresponding session handout.
- I would encourage you to watch through the video, read the scripture, and work through the handout as a family.
- Here is the link for access to RIghtNow Media:
- Here is the link to the series
- Contact me if you need help getting access to RightNow Media, finding the series, or any help understanding the session handouts.
- THEN on Tuesday nights at 7:30pm we invite all students to join a Zoom video conference call with their leaders to talk about Colossians, their lives, and pray.
- Zoom is a really easy to use platform that is available on phones, tablets, and computers that comes at no cost to you.
- Our weekly email will include a link that will get your student into the Zoom.
- Once on the call I will create breakout rooms for Middle School Girls, Middle School Guys, High School Girls, and High School Guys. Then I will assign students and leaders to the appropriate rooms so they can connect with each other!
What happens Tuesday
What to expect: In Middle School Groups, 6–8th graders join together in a fun and casual atmosphere. The fun begins with a game designed for students to have fun, break down any walls they have, and get to know one another better! Next one of the leaders will share an account from the Bible in a way that’s relevant and relatable to Middle Schoolers. Next is the main portion of the evening where students split into their small groups to talk about the Biblical account, their lives, and pray together.
Doors open at 6:15pm! Students are invited to come hang out in The Loft with their friends.
Never been to Middle School Groups before? Make sure to stop by the Kids and Students Desk in the lobby, where you can have all your questions answered, register your student, and go for a quick tour. You’ll get all checked in for the first time there!
Who can come: Anyone in 6th–8th grades is invited to all Middle School events.
How long do Middle School Groups last? About 1 hour and 30 minutes, 6:30pm-8:00pm.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.