Know Before You Go
Welcome Back to The Ridge.Here’s what to know before you go.
As you prepare to visit, please know that we’ve made updates based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies.
It may be different from the last time you visited. But together, we can find new ways to enjoy worship and prayer while gathered together.
No one should seek their own good, but the good of others. – 1 Corinthians 10:24
Some images shown throughout this website do not represent current operational guidelines or health and safety measures such as face covering and physical distancing requirements. See below for important details to know before you visit.
It’s been over six months since our last in-person service. We have been looking forward to the day when we can safely gather again in our building and worship together. I’m happy to announce that our first in-person service will be Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 11:00am.
We understand that some of you are still not comfortable returning to an in-person worship service, and that’s okay! You can still enjoy watching the services online at 9am, 11am, or anytime on-demand and attend an in-person service when you are ready.
As you prepare to visit, please know that we’ve made updates based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. See below for important details to know before you visit.
It will be different from the last time you visited, but, together, we can find new ways to enjoy worship and prayer while gathered together.
Thank you for your continued patience, understanding and support. We can’t wait to welcome you back to The Ridge!Tim Haring
*Some images shown throughout this website do not represent current operational guidelines or health and safety measures such as face covering and physical distancing requirements.
Top Things You Should Know
At The Ridge, important updates have been implemented to promote:
Face coverings are required for all guests (ages 9 and up) and staff/volunteers.
Face coverings are required for all guests (ages 9 and up), volunteers, and staff and must be worn at all times.
All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the guest to remain hands-free
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.
Temporary adjustments are in place to promote physical distancing.
Physical distancing measures may include:
- Signage & Floor Markings: Please follow directional signage and floor markings, which have been installed throughout The Ridge to help guests better navigate common areas while practicing physical distancing.
- Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select places where it is difficult to maintain strict physical distancing guidelines. These may be visible in areas to help promote proper distances between people.
- Training: Staff members are trained to engage with guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas.
Experiences may be modified in order to reduce contact.
Experiences may be modified in order to reduce contact. These include:
- Entering & Exiting: Once a guest enters the building, they will go directly to the auditorium. When a service ends, we ask that all guests immediately exit to the parking lot. The lobby will be closed.
- Seating: Guest services team members will assist you in finding seats in the auditorium that comply with social distancing guidelines. Every other row will be open and each person, group or family should not sit within 2 seats of another guest or group.
- Giving: You’ll be able to use your mobile device for online giving, or place your cash or check in the designated giving boxes as you exit the building.
- Beverages: At this time, we will not be offering coffee, tea, cappuccino or water. For the time being, we ask you to not bring any beverages from home.
Cleaning procedures are enhanced throughout The Ridge.
Cleaning procedures are enhanced throughout The Ridge. Extra attention is given to high-traffic areas, including chairs, tables, handles, restrooms, and more. Additionally, maintenance services have been modified to include enhanced cleaning and reduced contact.
Ridge Kids & Ridge Students
Ridge Kids & Ridge Students are creating new programs that everyone can enjoy! Beginning Sunday, November 1st, kids and students will be able to enjoy an in-person experience from 10am to 11am. PreK and elementary students will have the opportunity to enjoy the Ridge Kids Family Experience in the gym, while students in middle & high school will have a fun get-together in The Loft. All events will have modified procedures and guidelines to keep everyone safe. Find more info at the links below.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other guests, and team members. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting Chestnut Ridge Church.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Chestnut Ridge Church you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Help keep each other healthy.
Upon reopening, The Ridge services may be modified and will be limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure, based on direction from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing.
Additionally, services and amenities may have limited availability or may remain closed. We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel services, and limit or refuse admission into The Ridge.
Will there be a limited capacity?
Yes. We will be allowing 500 people per service. This will allow us to maintain the social distancing protocols we have put in place. Once we reach capacity, we will not be allowing more guests inside the facility.
Do I need to register to attend a service?
No. We will not require registration for services at this time. We will seat the first 500 guests that arrive, and entrances will be closed once we reach capacity.
Will face masks be mandatory?
Yes. We will require all guests that are 9 years of age and older to wear a face mask at all times inside the facility.
If you are unable to wear a face mask, are experiencing any symptoms of an illness, or have preexisting health conditions that make you more susceptible to viruses, please enjoy the service online from the comfort of your home.
What if I don't feel comfortable attending in-person?
That’s ok! We understand. Services will continue to stream online at 9am and 11am each Sunday on our app, at theridge.church/live, Facebook, and YouTube. Services are also available on-demand in The Ridge app, so you can watch any time.
Are children allowed to attend?
The main service in the auditorium is open to everyone. Children 9 years of age and older will be required to wear a face mask. Children’s programming in the Ridge Kids area will be unavailable at this time.
What steps can I take to help prevent the spread if I want to attend?
- Avoid close contact with others.
- Clean your hands often.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Use a face covering in public places, especially when it is difficult to maintain a distance of six feet from others.
Will the facilities be cleaned?
We are implementing procedures to make sure all buildings are cleaned and sanitized according to CDC guidelines.