High School [9-12th grade]
Groups and events are currently being held online due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and our efforts to help prevent the spread of the virus. Visit theridge.church/coronavirus for the latest updates from The Ridge.
Check out the Zoom Small Groups tab below for more info!
High school is a time of fun, adventure, and figuring out who you are and where you’re headed. High school students can take a break from all the noise of life and connect with other students and God in a fun, relaxing environment at The Ridge. At the Ridge Students High School events, we encourage students to become part of something bigger by doing life together through larger-than-life games, engaging worship, small group and large group discussions, and community projects.
Zoom Small Groups
- We are doing a video series titled “The Book of Colossians” by Louie Giglio on RIghtNow Media.
- Our desire is to provide some really great content, an opportunity for you to model what a relationship with God looks to your students, and for you all to grow closer to Jesus and each other.
- Each week I will send out an email containing a link to the video for that week and the corresponding session handout.
- I would encourage you to watch through the video, read the scripture, and work through the handout as a family.
- Here is the link for access to RIghtNow Media:
- Here is the link to the series
- Contact me if you need help getting access to RightNow Media, finding the series, or any help understanding the session handouts.
- Small Groups
- THEN on Tuesday nights at 7:30pm we invite all students to join a Zoom video conference call with their leaders to talk about Colossians, their lives, and pray.
- Zoom is a really easy to use platform that is available on phones, tablets, and computers that comes at no cost to you.
- Our weekly email will include a link that will get your student into the Zoom.
- Once on the call I will create breakout rooms for Middle School Girls, Middle School Guys, High School Girls, and High School Guys. Then I will assign students and leaders to the appropriate rooms so they can connect with each other!
What happens Sunday
What to expect: High School Groups are Sundays. 9th–12th graders get to hang out in a casual environment where they can join in on acoustic worship sessions, learn to connect faith and life through large group discussion based topics. At the end of large group the students break up into small groups and get to know other high school students in their grade and their leader that they can meet up with throughout the week at school or just to hang out.
Where to go: High School meets in The Loft on the second floor. As you drive into the entry road, turn left to go to the parking lot on the side of the building. You will see a door that is marked with a sign. Come in this door, take the stairs in the Ridge Kids hallway, and go to the second floor.
What you’ll do: The first time you visit High School Groups you’ll fill out a new student information card. This will help us to know who has attended, and will register you in our system. Any time you come after that, you will enter the phone number you listed on the card at the iPad stations, just inside the door to check in.
Who can come: Anyone in 9th–12th grade is invited to all High School events, and we encourage you to bring your friends with you!
How long is High School Group? High School Groups officially lasts from 4:30–6:30pm, but doors open at 4:00pm. We ask that students be picked up between 6:30-6:45pm. Parents don’t have to come inside to pick up their students, but can feel free to come in to see what’s going on!
What to expect:
There are two places High School students can connect on Thursday evenings.
- High School Open Gym. Any high school student gets to come play pickup basketball games and meet new friends. Bring a friend or two with you!
- High School Hangout. Any high school student can come hangout, play board games, watch movies, and more!
Where to go:
High School Open Gym is at our gym at the Ridge!
High School Hangout is offsite each week. Email Andrew Archer, our Ridge Students Director for more info on the location.
Who can come:
Anyone in 9th–12th grade is invited to all High School events, and we encourage you to bring your friends with you!
How long do these last?
High School Open Gym officially lasts from 6:30–9:00pm.
High School Hangout officially lasts from 7:30pm-9:00pm. We ask that students be picked up by 9:15pm for both.
To receive email updates click here to sign up.
To receive Remind™ updates: text @ridgehs1 to 81010