It’s time for Christmas at The Ridge! It’s the most wonderful time of the year, as we celebrate the birth of Jesus with one another!
Christmas at The Ridge is an event where thousands of people come through the doors of the church.
Many of those thousands are visitors:
– some are here to see what we do;
– some are here because it’s Christmas;
– some are here to find a church home;
– some are here to celebrate with their family;
– some are here from out of town;
– and some are here who call another church their home, but they enjoy celebrating with us at The Ridge, too!
As a church family with hundreds of volunteers helping to make Christmas at The Ridge happen, we’re grateful to be able to open the doors to our family, friends and community. It’s important for us to be an inviting church for those who are turning to God. This is a time of year where many commit or recommit to having a relationship with Christ, and we’re here to help lead people into a growing relationship with God and others.
Merry Christmas to each of you, and thank you for being a part of helping to create a place where everyone is welcome!
Pledge confirmations and letters of gratitude are being mailed to you this week. If you made a pledge, and—for some reason—you do not receive a pledge confirmation within the next few days, please call the church office at 304-594-0548, to speak with Ashley, Teresa or Nicole. A few dozen pledge cards were received that didn’t have a name, address or any identifying information on them, but we’re here to help with your questions.
Thank you for your pledge! Your pledge to Beyond will make a way for you, your family, our church, and people in the community to have a welcoming and inviting place to come. Your pledge will impact the next generation, help to create irresistible environments, make a difference in retiring debt to prioritize ministry, and be used to “go” and “make disciples” through our ministry partners.
If you haven’t yet become a part of Beyond, please stop by the info kiosk in the center of the lobby to pick up a commitment card and make your pledge toward the future of the church, or you can fill out an electronic version of the card [here]. No amount is too small, and it’s the hope that everyone who calls Chestnut Ridge their church home will be a part of this three-year initiative toward the future of our families, church, community and beyond!
Pledges Revealed for Beyond!
Beyond Giving and Contributions
How to Talk to Your Kids about Money
Can I See My Giving Statement?
Instructions for Giving to Beyond
UPDATE: South Ridge Church Bridgeport will launch on Sunday, February 11, at 11am. Read more about the progress and how you can continue to pray in [this article].
In 2004-2005, Chestnut Ridge Church, under the leadership of Seth Broadhurst and an energized outreach team, planted a “sister church” in Fairmont, WV. Through the years, South Ridge Church grew and flourished, moving into a newly-constructed building in 2013.
South Ridge Church (SRC) has been working to launch another location, in Bridgeport, WV, and they are getting closer to the reality of opening the doors to their new location: South Ridge Church–Bridgeport. You can watch a video about SRC’s history and the goals behind SecondCity [here].
If you’d like to be a part of praying SRC toward this momentous occasion of opening their second location, you can join them at the planned, new location this Saturday, December 16, from 6–7 p.m. at 164 Thompson Drive in Bridgeport, beside Gabe’s—map it [here]. Building on Prayer will be a time to pray, worship, and write prayers, verses and messages on the floor before the carpet is installed. If all goes as planned, SRC will open its doors to SecondCity in the early part of 2018.
Can’t attend? You can still be a part of what is happening in central West Virginia by praying with the membership of South Ridge Church! SRC would ask that you:
- Pray that people will receive Christ as their Savior.
- Pray for courage to take necessary faith steps to reach other cities throughout our state with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for other churches in our counties and state.
- Pray for our schools.
- Pray for strong families.
- Pray that we will be able to provide hope and support for those struggling with addiction and despair.
- Pray that God would use this new location to provide even more people with the opportunity to experience Real Life, Real Relationships and Real Purpose through a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
As you’ve heard through Beyond, Chestnut Ridge Church is committed to outreach in the community, state and world through strategic and life-changing partnerships. In this, CRC’s Board of Trustees and leadership have made a commitment to supporting South Ridge Church as they seek to do the same.
Sunday, December 3, was the big reveal for the amount pledged toward Beyond, and the total was…
[…Do you hear the drum roll?…]
The total was $2,024,686!
Pledges are still coming in—even this past weekend—so this number is expected to grow! This total also includes a few in-kind gifts where some have offered to donate their expertise, services, materials or labor toward the completion of projects. As Pastor Tim explained on Sunday, this total is the amount pledged, not money which has already been received. As money comes in and pledges are fulfilled, the Board of Trustees and church leadership plan to allocate the money based on the following goals:
- Impacting the next generation — continuing to make a generational investment by providing opportunities for the church to purposefully engage the next generation. This would be done through enhancements and expansion of the current children’s and youth areas and creating a larger group meeting space for middle school, high school and college-aged students.
- Creating irresistible environments — creating welcoming and attractive environments which will reach our culture and our community. This will be done through technology improvements, infrastructure changes and repairs for an aging building and systems.
- Allocation of resources — retiring a portion of the church’s debt in order to provide for a sound and stable financial future for the church, thus allowing more of the monthly giving to go toward ministry.
- Outreach into the community — fulfilling the mandate to “go” and “make disciples” by expanding our current ministry partnerships, developing new relationships, and recognizing the spiritual and physical needs of those in our community, state, region and world.
If you’re interested in learning more about the goals and objectives of Beyond, you can find information in the brochure, the brochure FAQs, and additional Qs & As that have been submitted. You are also welcome to ask members of the Board of Trustees, church leadership or staff.
If you haven’t yet become a part of Beyond, please stop by the info kiosk in the center of the lobby to pick up a commitment card and make your pledge toward the future of the church, or you can fill out an electronic version of the card [here]. Don’t forget to also pick up a Beyond bracelet or two!
December is here, and there’s a lot happening around The Ridge this Sunday!
The initial pledges are in for Beyond, and the big reveal will happen on Sunday. (Ssssshhhhhh…if you’re a part of the celebration during one of the earlier services, save the reveal fun for those attending one of the later services!) After each service, everyone is encouraged to join in the celebration in the lobby for some food and fellowship.
Communion will also take place during each of this Sunday’s services.
Generally, Chestnut Ridge Church celebrates and remembers Jesus’ sacrifice through communion and as a church body during the first Sunday each month. Jesus started the tradition and ritual of communion when He instructed His followers to use bread and wine to remember the sacrifice He was about to make in dying on the cross and shedding His blood for our sins. Gathering as a church to eat and drink in this ceremony is a time to recognize Jesus and thank God for all He’s done.
Also happening Sunday…CRC Campus will host a free lunch in the Hub immediately following the 11am service. If you’re in the 18-25 age range and find yourself in college, grad school, working or somewhere in between, you are invited to connect with CRC Campus.
There’s a lot coming up later in the week and in December! For more about Celebrate Recovery, the Merry & Bright Singles Christmas Bash, Next, Jingle Jam and more, visit the Events page of the church’s website at www.theridge.church/Events.