UPDATE: South Ridge Church Bridgeport will launch on Sunday, February 11, at 11am. Read more about the progress and how you can continue to pray in [this article].
In 2004-2005, Chestnut Ridge Church, under the leadership of Seth Broadhurst and an energized outreach team, planted a “sister church” in Fairmont, WV. Through the years, South Ridge Church grew and flourished, moving into a newly-constructed building in 2013.
South Ridge Church (SRC) has been working to launch another location, in Bridgeport, WV, and they are getting closer to the reality of opening the doors to their new location: South Ridge Church–Bridgeport. You can watch a video about SRC’s history and the goals behind SecondCity [here].
If you’d like to be a part of praying SRC toward this momentous occasion of opening their second location, you can join them at the planned, new location this Saturday, December 16, from 6–7 p.m. at 164 Thompson Drive in Bridgeport, beside Gabe’s—map it [here]. Building on Prayer will be a time to pray, worship, and write prayers, verses and messages on the floor before the carpet is installed. If all goes as planned, SRC will open its doors to SecondCity in the early part of 2018.
Can’t attend? You can still be a part of what is happening in central West Virginia by praying with the membership of South Ridge Church! SRC would ask that you:
- Pray that people will receive Christ as their Savior.
- Pray for courage to take necessary faith steps to reach other cities throughout our state with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for other churches in our counties and state.
- Pray for our schools.
- Pray for strong families.
- Pray that we will be able to provide hope and support for those struggling with addiction and despair.
- Pray that God would use this new location to provide even more people with the opportunity to experience Real Life, Real Relationships and Real Purpose through a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
As you’ve heard through Beyond, Chestnut Ridge Church is committed to outreach in the community, state and world through strategic and life-changing partnerships. In this, CRC’s Board of Trustees and leadership have made a commitment to supporting South Ridge Church as they seek to do the same.