Upcoming Trip to Honduras
A team travels to Honduras February 3–11. You can be a part of the team by helping in one of the following ways:
It’s the cost to buy a school uniform for a Honduran child.
(100 uniforms needed)
Any funds received exceeding what is needed for the uniforms will be put toward supporting the team’s outreach, supplies and construction needs in Honduras, such as:
- Construction costs toward the new church building in La Ceiba
- Building a house for a family – $5300 builds one new home
- Building bunk beds inside a home – $200 builds a set; 5-6 are needed in a home
- Delivering groceries to a needy family – $30 each; 8-10 families are cared for on each mission trip
- Delivering solar lights & Spanish Bibles – (items previously purchased)
- Miscellaneous expenses to cover needs the team sees in the community
- Pens – black, blue & red ink (600 needed/200 each color)
- Colored pencils (150 packages needed)
- Pencil sharpeners (basic – 300 needed)
- Scissors – K-1st safety scissors (300 needed)
- Adult toothbrushes (200 needed)
Drop these items off at the kiosk in the lobby.
Sponsor a Child
There are 15 children who need sponsors so they can start attending or continue to attend the CDI (see more about the CDI below). Stop by the mission kiosk this on January 21 or 28, to find out more information about sponsoring a Honduran child in La Ceiba.
The next trip will be July 28–August 3, 2018.
For more information about future trips:
Curious about missions?
Want to hear more about our sister church?
Wondering about sponsors or costs?
Interested in learning more about the opportunity?
If you would like more information, or if you are interested in joining us on a future Honduras Mission Trip, fill out this interest form, and someone will be in touch:interest form for future trips
If you’d like to help make a difference or if you have a knowledge of construction, electricity, vocational skills, healthcare, teaching, child development, crafts or sewing, consider joining one of the teams!
Last year, a team from CRC traveled to Honduras to work in four distinct areas:
- Total Home – where our volunteers help to build cinder block homes by working with local contractors. A trip highlight has been being able to give a family the keys to their new home!
- Total Health – a ministry aimed at helping to provide health care to people who would not be able to receive it, otherwise. Our team provides primary medical treatment to the patients in the clinic, works alongside others in the pharmacy and administrative areas, and shares Jesus with families.
- Total Workshop – a ministry designed to help boys and girls between the ages of 13-17 learn a vocational skill. Some of the skills include carpentry, welding, electricity, sewing and jewelry making.
- CDI/Child Development Center – where our volunteers help to provide meals, education, after-school daycare, Biblical education and more to those who are at risk for hunger or falling into a cycle of drugs or violence. There are over 100 children sponsored by families around the world, including many who serve on our mission teams.