Upcoming Trip to Honduras
July 25th through August 3rd, Chestnut Ridge Church will be taking a team of volunteers to our sister church in La Ceiba, Honduras, with Iglesia Gran Comision.
See the re-cap video and updates from the 2017 trips [here].
You can be a part of the team by donating or helping in various ways.
Every donation in any amount helps.
The goal of this Mission Trip is to provide 300 chickens, and construct two chicken coops. The cost is $5 per chicken, and each chicken coop will cost approximately $3,000 for materials and construction.
The chickens and chicken coops will go beyond the Mission Trip, providing a steady and continual income and employment opportunities for local residents. Both income and employment are a widespread need in that area.
Any funds received exceeding what is needed for these specific needs will be put toward supporting the team’s outreach, supplies, and construction needs in Honduras.
Visit the Info Kiosk in the lobby to find out how you can donate.
- Pens – black, blue & red ink
- Colored pencils
- Pencil sharpeners
- Scissors – K-1st safety scissors
- Adult toothbrushes
- Scientific Calculators
- Dry Erase Markers
- Construction Paper
- Sharpie Markers
- Table Games – i.e. Uno, Connect 4, Monopoly, Candyland, etc
Drop these items off at the Info Kiosk in the lobby.
Sponsor a Child
There are children who need sponsors so they can start attending or continue to attend the CDI (see more about the CDI below). Stop by the Info Kiosk in the lobby for more information about sponsoring a Honduran child in La Ceiba.
The next trip will be July 25–August 3, 2018.
Curious about missions?
Want to hear more about our sister church?
Wondering about sponsors or costs?
Interested in learning more about the opportunity?
If you would like more information, or if you are interested in joining a future Honduras Mission Trip, fill out this interest form and someone will be in touch:
If you’d like to help make a difference or if you have a knowledge of construction, electricity, vocational skills, healthcare, teaching, child development, crafts or sewing, then consider joining one of the teams!
Last year, a team from CRC traveled to Honduras to work in four distinct areas:
- Total Home – where our volunteers help to build cinder block homes by working with local contractors. A trip highlight has been being able to give a family the keys to their new home!
- Total Health – a ministry aimed at helping to provide health care to people who would not be able to receive it otherwise. Our team provides primary medical treatment to the patients in the clinic, works alongside others in the pharmacy and administrative areas, and shares Jesus with families.
- Total Workshop – a ministry designed to help boys and girls 13-17 years of age learn a vocational skill. Some of the skills include carpentry, welding, electricity, sewing and jewelry making.
- CDI/Child Development Center – where our volunteers help to provide meals, education, after-school daycare, Biblical education and more to those who are at risk for hunger or falling into a cycle of drugs or violence. There are over 100 children sponsored by families around the world, including many who serve on our mission teams.